Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Kid on the Block Jonathan Knight not 'outed' by Tiffany, he says





When '80s poptarts Tiffany and Debbie Gibson appeared on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen, they discussed the New Kids on the Block, and Tiffany mentioned that she had romanced one of them, Jonathan Knight.

"He became gay later," she said, leaving some viewers at home shocked. Headlines the next day announced news that Tiffany had "accidentally outed" Knight.

Except that Knight has actually been out for decades, he says.

The singer took to the official NKOTB website on Friday night to assure fans that Tiffany hadn't done anything wrong. "I have never been outed by anyone but myself!" he wrote in a blog that only fans who pay a fee can access. "I did so almost twenty years ago. I never know that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB! I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay."

"Apparently the pre requiste to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption 'I am gay [sic],'" he continued. "I apologize for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine! If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn't even know me!"

Knight says he won't be discussing his private life any further, but he did hit up Tiffany on Twitter to make sure she knew he didn't mind what she said.

Tiffany tweeted, "Really didn't know that was the wrong thing to say... Never meant to hurt Jon."

He then responded in a series of tweets - "@tiffanytunes Tiff, please don't lose any sleep over it! I know you weren't being mean and I found it to be funny! Knock em dead tomorrow! Wishing nothing but the best for you always!"


Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/01/new-kid-on-the-block-jonathan-knight-not-outed-by-tiffany-he-says.html

No comments: