Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TIFFANY-Takes us Higher interview



Beginning her career at the tender age of 13, Tiffany's self entitled album ultimately went quadruple platinum. Definitely not a small feat for a youngster, who created the 'Mall Tours' that the likes of Britney Spears right down to Busted have taken full advantage of. Having been in the industry for over 25 years, Tiffany is just as fresh and as original as ever.

Marking her 20th anniversary of her debut arrival on the music scene, Tiffany is always one to express her joys within the industry, whether its new found friends around the world or a pair of Jimmy Choos. Tiffany is here to let us know what's really good as her latest album 'Just me', is set to be a hit as it showcases her new written material: a blend of pop and rock.

Showing that she's not afraid to experiment and venture out beyond her boundaries, Tiffany bares all.

Not afraid of new conquests, this 80's pop princess has grown to become a full fledged singer/songwriter in her own right and is back!

You appeared on American Idol this year - what do you think about shows like this and the way they bring kids into the industry, in a way that never used to happen when you were starting out?
Tiffany: They're not really kids, I mean Jordan is one of the youngest we've had, so I don't feel like it's a 10 year old we're subjecting to the industry. American idol is a great show because it shows singers, who have talent .If you can go through all of that pressure, it really grooms you for the music industry, it shows if you are a professional or not and shows if you've got what it takes to really be in the industry.

You also starred in Hit Me Baby One More Time and Celebrity Fit Club. Are you a fan of reality TV?
Tiffany: Well it depends, it really depends on the things that I am interested in, there are talks of doing Hell's Kitchen, and I really love to cook. You're doing it on TV and it's to see how you'd deal with pressure.

You're looking amazing these days. How do you keep in shape?
Tiffany: It's just about a different way of eating, and it really does work, I mean you'll keep the weight off, you'll have more energy and that's what I've been doing. There are times I'd be in the gym, I go for walks, I do cardio, I do weight training, yoga, so you know when you work this hard, and you want to keep maintaining it. If your craving sugars have an apple, have a bowl of fruit not junk food.

Do you ever cringe when you look back at the clothes you used to wear?
Tiffany: All the time and unfortunately I still cringe like from like 6 years ago sometimes, I am adventurous, I like to do different things, I love to change my hair and try different styles, for me I am kinda like a gypsy like that, sometimes I like different things, sometimes I like to be dressed up, sometimes I don't. I really try to have a lot of fun, so you know sometimes we make mistakes or what ever, but for the most part ,when I look back at my past, I didn't really have any fashion sense. I didn't really have any guidance, I just wore what I liked and I look at back at some of those jumpers and am like 'What was I thinking?'.

What has been the most cherished item you have bought abroad and why?
Tiffany: You know what? I'm a big CHANEL fan so, so I would say those are kinda what I like, I would say. I'm not like a really glamour girl, I love high fashion but I love vintage too.

What single thing would improve your well-being/or lifestyle?
Tiffany: I would say, probably it's a personal thing, patience. Sometimes that puts pressure on people around me, I wake up with bells on and jump out of bed and am a multi tasker, I get a lot done, and that's just the way I've always been so, I do sometimes expect people to be running around at the same pace.

What are you passionate about outside of music?
Tiffany: I'm real passionate about Dog Charities you know, obviously fitness and health, I love to garden, I love to plant, to have greenery and life around me. I love to cook, and this year I learned a lot about Lupus, and I try to support, and go to functions and events to bring awareness. Its something that affects women mostly and it can affect you at any age. I know of a girl that got diagnosed with it, it's a very scary disease. I've been in the industry for over 25 years, so it is time to give back I feel.

I understand you spend quite a bit of time in Staffordshire over here in the UK. It must be pretty different to life in the US. How do you find it?
Tiffany: I love it and I miss the quaintness when I am away, I don't really want to drive, am too scared to. I can just walk across the bridge and everything is there. I can walk to the local butchers or the gym; I love that because you know nobody walks in LA

What music are you listening to these days?
Tiffany: I am a big Amy Winehouse and David Gray fan. When he was State side I didn't get to see him, but at some point I'd love to see him live because I know he'd be everything I'd expect him to be. I am really eclectic, so I listen to everything.

You're a mother of a teenage son: what kind of music is your son into?
Tiffany: He listens to 9 Inch Nails, I think.

And what does your son think of your music? Is he interested in going into the industry?
Tiffany: He's not really interested, he's so funny. I have a new song out and it's a jazz remix, done by a remixer over here and am so proud of it. So I call him down to listen to it and he comes down like really slow like 'do I have to'? But overall, he is very supportive of my career

What's the best thing about being on the road? What do you look most forward to when touring?
Tiffany: I've travelled since I was 14. I not only have a lot of fans, I have a lot of friends all over the world, so whenever I go out , we look forward to seeing those people. We spend time in their houses, we cook food, and we hang out. Sometimes I'd check out of my hotel to go spend time with my friends, that's what I love. Also because I am with someone that's a native they know all the cool spots, they know the best places to eat.

Has music opened up other interesting hobbies/or avenues for you?
Tiffany: Been working on the acting side of things for myself. I don't want to become this 'actress' type but roles do come for me all the time. There have been a few things that I've been interested in, but I have been on the road or in the studio so I didn't have the time to commit. I am hoping by the end of the year I'll have something I can really work with.

Do you have more control over your career now than you did when you were a teenager?
Tiffany: Yeah, definitely, I definitely have a say. I love that can make decisions. I love that I can be at a friend's birthday if I need to be. I try to be the best person I can be and the best professional I can be.

What's a typical day in the life of Tiffany like?
Tiffany: I would say I get up early around 6.30, then I do the cleaning, am a little anal on the whole house cleaning. I'd have my coffee and then soon after I'd hit the gym. I'll try to get back around 10 or 10:30am. I'll look at my emails and make my phone calls, speak to everyone that I'd need to. Then I make dinner too, I try to keep my day as solid as I can, because it's like a rhythm for me.

What makes you happy?
Tiffany: My son and having great friends and family.

Which pop acts are impressing you most at the moment?
Tiffany: Alicia Keys, but that's a hard one because am so all over the map,

What projects have you got on the moment?
Tiffany: Well, I'll be looking at some scripts. I've got the summer tour coming up and I'd also like to have my own boutique in California - I am a shopaholic, so its inevitable I'd want to go down that route.

And what's next for Tiffany?
Tiffany: I always have ideas and stuff that I want to do, I finished my song writing project. I'd like to have a small movie role by the end of the year. Like I mentioned before I'd like to open my own boutique, own my own business, I love to shop and I have loads of clothes so I'd like to invest in that.

No comments: