Friday, December 16, 2011

1000 No. 1s Video Series Day 13: Tiffany Talks About Topping the Hot 100


2011 was the year that Billboard celebrated the 1000th No. 1 song on the Hot 100. As we look back on this year in music, we're celebrating that milestone with a month-long series of videos --- one for each day of December -- chatting with 31 of the hitmakers who rocketed to the top of the chart since its inception in 1958. SEE THE FULL CHART HERE.

On day 13 of our 1,000 Hot No. 1s video series, we move from yesterday's 2002 R&B duet, Nelly's "Dilemma," featuring Kelly Rowland, to Tiffany's back to back No. 1s -- 1987 " I Think We're Alone Now" and 1988 " Could've Been." "When I heard that my hit song had went No. 1, I was washing dishes. I was doing my chores because I was a teenager, of course. My manager called me and said 'Congratulations, you have the number one single in the country,'" Tiffany told Billboard.com of "I Think We're Alone Now" which peaked on Nov. 7, 1987. "I said, 'You know what? I have to get off the phone because I have to finish my chores otherwise I'm going to be busted and I won't be able to do anything.' And, he's like, 'You don't get it'... but I had to finish those chores."

http://bcove.me/6zn2lgal


The '80s teen sensation didn't realize the impact of her "Could've Been" either -- which peaked at No. 1 on Feb. 6, 1988 -- till she saw it on her fans' faces. "I think it took a while for me to really understand [that] people like me [and] people like the song," Tiffany said. "That didn't really start to effect me until I started traveling and seeing people's faces and how they reacted to me."

Be sure to come back tomorrow (Dec. 14) for the next 1000 No. 1s video: Nickelback talk about their No. 1, "How You Remind Me." 

Watch Yesterday's 1000 No. 1s Video:
Nelly Talks About Topping the Hot 100 with "Dilemma" 


http://www.billboard.com/features/1000-no-1s-watch-tiffany-chat-about-topping-1005670152.story#/features/1000-no-1s-watch-tiffany-chat-about-topping-1005670152.story

No comments: